Updated: Mar 6, 2020
“It’s easier to be a satellite than it is to be the Sun.”
Meaning that it’s easier to do as others do then to simply be yourself and create your own authentic path. We commonly follow others because we are conditioned NOT be free thinkers or leaders. The primary cause for this is societal ideals a.k.a social programming. The solution? Make yourself the center of your own solar system! Choose to be a sun in a world of satellites, because regardless of what others do, feel, think, or say you are ultimately here to live your truth!
There are SEVERAL ways that societal ideas shape our life but here are the 5 most common:
1. Reporting to a "JOB" means security.
2. The harder you work, the more you will be rewarded.
3. There is a timeline for accomplishing "NORMAL" landmarks in life. (College degree, career, marriage, children, buying a home, retirement)
4. That peoples opinions matter.
5. If we live "outside the system" we are strange.
All of these feed off the ideas of money, power, popularity and approval. They exploit our energy for the purpose of making us dependent on social systems.
I encourage you to question the primary social truths you live by daily, decide for yourself whether you would ultimately choose them OR are you destined for something different, something greater? You can start by:
1. Choosing your own values, principles and goals.
2. Following your own vision or INTUITION.
3. Being honest with yourself. (Often even our honesty is lead by social programming, so be honest and then be even more honest.)
4. Stop caring what others think.
5. Be brave in the face of loneliness or adversity. Like all great thinkers who dare to be different, you may be faced with critics or judgement, but just remember we used to think that the earth was flat....
Social programming is taught to keep the gears of society turning without us questioning why… Keep that in perspective the next time you assess who you are, what you stand for, what your dreams are, and who you’d like to surround yourself with.
A man by the name of Steve Biko once said:
“The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." With that said, there is no greater time to free yourself than now!
SO MUCH LOVE,
Like what you see? Subscribe below to stay updated on my newest blog posts xoxo.